Friday, September 10, 2021

Paving is scheduled for September 22 - 27

Hatch Asphalt company, which we picked for our driveway paving project, set September 22nd for the first stage when they plan to remove existing layers, put gravel, level and then compact it. I think on that day they will also put the first rough layer of asphalt.
Then they plan co come back 5 days later on September 27th to put the final layer of asphalt.

It is not clear how our driveway will look like for these 5 days. I hope they are not planning to leave it with just compacted gravel, which is not going to be acceptable for us.

On Monday September 13th I will be calling a project manager for details. I do not know why they decided to add the 5 days gap between the stages. I think it makes more sense if the whole project is done in two consecutive days. I will discuss this and possible would be able to  adjust the schedule.

I will post an update as soon as I have new information.

Thank you
Alex